What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
How can I manage or delete my information?
- You may edit your account information (name, email address, billing address, etc.) while logged into the website by selecting your Dashboard.
- If you wish to remove your account information from our site, please notify us accordingly via e-mail at email@example.com. Once removed you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features such as the ability to view your orders or access digital content. We will retain the information required to process your order on our internal systems until removed in accordance with our data retention policy.
You can visit the Site and access the majority of our online content without telling us who you are or giving us any information to identify yourself.
Google Analytics collects first party cookies, as described above. The information collected using these cookies is sent to Google and is used to evaluate how the Site is being used. This enables Control Risks to compile statistical reports on how the Site is being used in order to help us deliver more meaningful content for visitors to the Site.
We do not collect (nor allow any third party to collect using the Site) personally identifiable information of visitors to the Site. We will not associate any data gathered with any personally identifying information. We will not link or seek to link any cookie information with any IP address or with the identity of a computer user. In short, our use of Google Analytics does not identify who you are, but it does track your movements on the Site.
A full list of cookies used by Google Analytics and explanations on how these work are available on Google’s website.
If you want to opt-out, download and install the add-on for your web browser here. The Google Analytics opt-out add-on is designed to be compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 8-11, Safari, Firefox and Opera. In order to function, the opt-out add-on must be able to load and execute properly on your browser. For Internet Explorer, 3rd-party cookies must be enabled. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
How to disable cookies
You can stop cookies being downloaded on to your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
There is more information about cookies, including how to delete them on the website aboutcookies.org. You may also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics at the link above.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
No. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their dashboard and going to the 'Edit Profile' page.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.sophiainstituteforteachers.org/terms-of-use
This policy was last modified on April 8, 2022.
PO Box 5284
Manchester, NH 03108
This policy is powered by Trust Guard PCI compliance.