Infusing Lessons with Sacred Art
What You'll Get with this Webinar
- 45-Minute Session
- Explore teaching strategies with a master teacher
- Classroom-ready lesson plans
- Instant, easy access — no expiration!
- Receive a professional development certificate
No special downloads required
Master Teacher Jose Gonzalez leads a 45-minute session for Catholic teachers and catechists on teaching with sacred art. All participants will receive a certificate to apply towards continuing education requirements. It will be recorded if you cannot join live.
You will delve into questions such as:
- How can I use sacred art to get students engaged, no matter what their background or skill level?
- In what ways can the use of art set a tone that shows students religion class is "different" from their other subjects?
- Can art help my students understand Scripture?
- How does the use of beauty point my students towards Christ, leading them to authentically encounter Him?
- How do I keep class discussion about art focused?
- What are ways you can make your classroom more beautiful, as well as encourage students to seek truth, beauty, and goodness?
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Jose Gonzalez joined the team at Sophia Institute for Teachers after more than 10 years as a high school teacher at Bishop Carroll Catholic High School in Wichita, Kansas. In addition to teaching, he has also worked as a youth minister and a coordinator of Totus Tuus in the Archdiocese of Denver. Jose is also an experienced speaker and presenter whose experiences include youth and Confirmation gatherings, RCIA classes, and adult faith formation. Jose has a BA in theology with a concentration in religious education from Franciscan University of Steubenville, and an MA in evangelization and catechesis from the Augustine Institute. Jose and his wife, Mary Beth, have two daughters and a son.