Engaging Students in the Year of Mercy
What You'll Get with this Webinar
- 45-Minute Session
- Explore teaching strategies with a master teacher
- Classroom-ready lesson plans
- Instant, easy access — no expiration!
- Receive a professional development certificate
No special downloads required
Master Teacher Jose Gonzalez leads a 45-minute session for Catholic school teachers on teaching about God's mercy. All participants will receive a a ready-to-use lesson plan for their religion class, as well as a certificate to apply towards continuing education requirements. You will delve into questions such as:
- How has the Lord revealed Himself and His mercy to humanity?
- God banished Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden. Does that mean God abandoned mankind after the Fall?
- What is the difference between a contract and a covenant?
- How should you respond to students who believe they don't need God's mercy?
- What are ways you can model mercy as a teacher, as well as encourage students to live out God's mercy in their own lives?
You'll learn strategies proven to engage students and you'll receive a complete, teacher-written, ready to use lesson plan from Love and Mercy: The Story of Salvation.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Jose Gonzalez joined the team at Sophia Institute for Teachers after more than 10 years as a high school teacher at Bishop Carroll Catholic High School in Wichita, Kansas. In addition to teaching, he has also worked as a youth minister and a coordinator of Totus Tuus in the Archdiocese of Denver. Jose is also an experienced speaker and presenter whose experiences include youth and Confirmation gatherings, RCIA classes, and adult faith formation. Jose has a BA in theology with a concentration in religious education from Franciscan University of Steubenville, and an MA in evangelization and catechesis from the Augustine Institute. Jose and his wife, Mary Beth, have two daughters and a son.